Добрый день! Сегодня заключительный урок в 10м классе по предмету "Теория и практика перевода". Заканчиваем изучение темы . Переведите только слова, выделенные жирным шрифтом в соответствии с контекстом,
Ответы принимаю в ВК или на имейл firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A further demonstration of university anger will be voiced next week at a teach-in on academic freedom on Wednesday, June 24 when Prof. Peter Worsley, head of the Manchester University Sociology Department, will be speaking.
Prof. Worsley is already on record condemning the attitude of Prof. Collis, of Birmingham University, for ringing him up to ascertain the political views and conduct of Richard Atkinson while at his department in Manchester.
2. It is a summary of two meetings of the Cabinet's foreign policy committee in January 1939, called to discuss Roosevelt's offer of an initiative to check Hitler and Mussolini.
Only the conclusions of the talks are on record. Attached is a note saying the summary had been placed in the file of the Cabinet Secretary Sir Maurice Hankey. No trace of it can be found.
The published documents show that 1938 provided Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain with many dramatic meetings with his Ministers.
3. A high dramatic point was reached when representatives of the U.S. people and the Vietnamese people appeared together on the platform at the call of Romesh Chandra of India, who presided.
4. Von Tradden demanded an end to action against former Nazis, called for a flight against any feeling of German shame for last war and "research into the origins of the war".
5. The feeling at the meeting was that on the streets of the city you are not safe from police attack if you are poor, if you are black, if you are young. Of course if you are white, respectably dressed, have short hair; you may get by, unless you take part in demonstrations.
6. Strickland chuckled. He did not seem discouraged. He was independent of the opinion of his fellows.
7. Miss Peabody gave a rich, throaty chuckle.
8. A faint yellowness in her skin was a warning that she could not eat rich food with impunity.